Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Destination Style - La Colombe D'or

It must have been atleast 3 years ago that I was flipping through a spring edition of Vogue when I came across the article "Whats in Your Beach Bag Caroline Sieber". Caroline Seiber is an Austrian born London based stylist and Chanel brand ambassador. She is of course incredibly stylish and beautiful to boot, but what I really remembered was the cyprus lined pool with Miro sculpture in the background which seemed so incredibly idyllic.

From vogue.com

La Colombe D'or opened in 1920, but by the 50's it was attracting a gambit of intellectuals and artists to this tucked away retreat in the Cote D'Azur. Miro, Braque, Chagall and Calder are just to name a few and their works can be seen scattered through the hotel and restaurant. For some reason I get the sense that this place feels somewhat like a Chateau Marmont - a place of exclusive inspiration. I could be completely wrong, but either way this place is on the top of my travel wishlist.






No comments:

Post a Comment