Thursday, October 27, 2011

A First! - The San Francisco Fall Antiques Show

So today I embarked on the SF Fall Antiques Show. Rated by the Robb Report as one of the 10 most important antiques fairs in the world, dealers spanning from London, New York and San Francisco set up here to showcase their finest acquisitions. I sometimes forget how small SF actually is. I visited many antique fairs in London and I have to say - SF really held its own. 

Here are a few items from my favorite vendors at the show. 

HABITE
Los Angeles, California

A rare Piero Fornasetti table top from his early period and a beautiful pair of mid century side chairs with white leather upholstery. I love how the arms are so delicate. 






DANISH SILVER 
Copenhagen, Denmark 

This piece immediately grabbed my attention. I love the rawness of the suede band and the slightly tribal influence. The piece is by Karl Gustav Hansen and was created for his wife who personally sold it to the dealer.  



MATT MURPHY STUDIO
San Francisco  

I loved how fresh this booth felt. Pieces were mixed with contemporary artwork and there were great pops of color everywhere! An amazing hutch with an orange interior and mirrored back provides a beautiful display space. Also in love with the pair of stools - I'll take black and gold any day! 




STEINITZ
Paris, France

A setup that included elaborate panelling and rich sumptuous furniture - I fell in love with this coffee table - excuse the reflection in the picture, but amazing stone marquetry! 



GALERIE LEFEBVRE
Paris, France

One of the first booths as you walk in. Immediately greeted by an incredibly elegant art deco arrangement. 


I would definitely recommend a visit to anyone who is interested in design. 

A great place for inspration! 





No comments:

Post a Comment